Are Keratin Smoothing Treatments for You?
What is Keratin?
Keratin is a fibrous protein found naturally in the hair. It acts as a protective shield against humidity, the primary cause of frizz. People that have curly, frizzy hair naturally have holes in the cortex of their hair, making it unruly and uncontrollable. Over time, the hair loses more keratin from exposure to the sun, the environment , styling and chemical services. Porous spots develop in the damaged hair, much like potholes in the road. Keratin is infused into the hair with a flatiron and fills those holes making the hair smooth, shiny and manageable with increased strength and elasticity.
Power of Communication
If you have frizzy, curly, uncontrollable hair, there’s nothing like the promise of having silky, shiny hair that swings and moves, to make your day!
Before you take the leap into the world of keratin treatments there are a few things you need to know before you do it. First, finding the right stylist and asking the right questions will ensure that you get what you want. Don’t be afraid to ask how much experience the stylist has doing these treatments. You want someone who has a lot of experience.
When you go to a stylist don’t be afraid to ask questions until you are satisfied that you are both on the same page.
Here are a some key points to keep in mind during the consultation:
- The stylist should be explaining that there is distinct difference between keratin treatments and traditional chemical straightening services, and finding out your expectations . Keratin treatments are volume reducers and smoothing treatments, they are not meant to make hair totally straight.
- Keratin treatments reduce 75-%-90% of curl and frizz in the hair, so you must be aware that most people with curly hair have different degrees of curl and frizz throughout their hair, so the treatment will reduce the curl and frizz accordingly.
- An experienced stylist should be able to customize any treatment to your desires. There are times when only a partial treatment is appropriate for your needs. Spot treatments are another option as an introductory to the service as in the case of extremely curly or wavy bangs. Also, there may be times when areas are left out totally to help keep fullness in certain area.
There are many products on the market today to choose from. Through my experience with a number of treatments over the last 10 years, I have found Coppola Keratin Complex Natural Smoothing Treatment to be the best, it has been voted #1 by stylists year after year.
Attention To Details
Keratin treatments can be costly, so you want someone who has a keen eye for detail and patience to perform the service. If any part of the service is done incorrectly or rushed, your treatment may not last as long or look as beautiful as it should.
After a keratin treatment your hair should never look greasy. You should be able to go through the 3 day waiting period and not feel like you have to walk around with a bag on your head!
Getting referrals from someone who has gotten one is the best way to find a stylist. If you don’t know anyone who can give you a referral, search local salons that promote Keratin treatments and have a consultation with someone who can answer all your questions.
Pick The Perfect Service
There are a number of treatments to choose from in the Keratin Complex line. Depending on what your desires and needs are, you will find your perfect match choosing from one of the Keratin Complex services:
- Keratin Natural Smoothing Treatment
Any hair type with frizz /and or curl seeking the longest lasting smoothness, manageability and protection against humidity. Last about 5 months.
- Natural Keratin Smoothing Treatment for Fragile Hair
Any hair type with frizz or curl that needs extra care and conditioning- such as fragile or overprocessed hair- and still wants the longest lasting results. Lasts 5 months.
- Keratin Blowout Express
Any hair type with frizz/ curl looking for a quick smoothing solution. Great for finer hair types. Lasts for 6- 8 weeks.
- Advanced Glycolic Smoothing System
Any hair type with frizz that wants the convenience of same day styling, shampooing and conditioning. Lasts for 3 months.
- Advanced Glycolic Curl Controller
Any hair type with natural texture that wants to control and refine curl while taming frizz. Lasts 2 months.
As with any hair service you have invested time and money on, you should pay special attention to the take home care of your service. With keratin treatments, the more you wash or swim with the treatments the quicker they come out of your hair. To help maintain longevity, I always suggest using a keratin replenishing shampoo , conditioner and Keratin Complex Infusion product. You can also use a sulfate- free shampoo and conditioner. With proper care , your keratin treatment will give you months of carefree beautiful hair and save you valuable styling time.
Must Have Home Care Products
Tell us about your curly hair concerns. I’d love to hear your comments below, or connect with me at email@example.com.
Written By : Alice Wilcox
June 20, 2016
Resource: Keratin Complex.com