Help! How Can I Stop My Skin From Breaking Out
How Old Am I? Why Am I Still Breaking Out?
Is there anything more frustrating than breaking out especially after the age of 30 and beyond? Many women continue to be frustrated with varying types of breakouts as they age, isn’t it time to finally be done with it?
There is no cure for acne, but there are many things you can do from the inside out to make a marked difference in your skin.
Six Tips To Help Fight “The War On Acne Blemishes and Cysts”
- Be mindful of the type of cleansers you use on your skin. If you have ever used products for acne prone skin, I’m sure have experienced the ultra drying effects these products have produced on your skin. Most of the cleansers formulated for problem skin are designed to dry out breakouts, so they contain strong detergents and alcohols. These ingredients are harsh and dehydrate non- effected areas resulting in dry skin cell build up, while it’s beneficial for the infected breakouts and kills the bacteria, you are left worse off in the long run. With this layer of dehydrated skin cells building up, it traps the oil and acne causing bacteria creating more acne. Just as with your hair, only use products that are Sodium Laureth (Lauryl) Sulfate and Ammonium Luareth Sulfate free. Below are 2 professional brands, Skin Ceuticals and Hylunia that will treat your skin with all the best of science and natural healing ingredients:
- There are different types of blemishes, identify your blemishes and treat them accordingly.
Acne cysts: These breakouts are hard, extremely sore bumps under the skin that usually occur on the chin, jaw and lower cheek area.The infection is beneath the surface so spot treating will only dry out the skin.
Whiteheads: Are clogged bumps under the skin that are not infected or inflamed. Don’t use harsh acne products it will only cause the skin to dehydrate and cause dead cells to build up and trap oil leading to breakouts. Instead EXFOLIATE, to remove dead surface cells and let the skin purge naturally.
Papules: The next stage after a Whitehead where bacteria has caused inflammation and infection. Don’t dry Papules out with acne products, instead calm them down. A great night treatment for any skin type and “multiple solutions” such as texture changes in the skin is Nerium AD Night Treatment.
I’ve used many products over my lifetime and I need to be totally transparent and say that Nerium AD has been the one product that has performed without fail on multiple concerns for my skin and many of my clients. Here is more non -biased feedback about Nerium : The Mommyhood Chronicles and Mommy PR
Pustules: These are inflamed blemishes that contain pus. These pustules can cause post- breakout red or dark scaring if they aren’t taken care of properly. If you “pick” and “probe” the skin before you see a Whitehead scaring will occur, once you see the Whitehead carefully extract the pus and spot treat.
- Always use an oil-free moisturizer twice a day. All skin NEEDS moisture, not all skin types need oil. The myth has always been, ” if you have oily skin you never use a moisturizer”. False. Truth is, NOT using a moisturizer can cause even more breakouts, why? If you don’t use moisturizer, the skin dehydrates and sets into motion a response to produce more oil. This oil accumulates on the skin, resulting in a breeding ground for bacteria, yuck!
- Salicylic Acid is your friend if you have oily skin! BHA’a smooth the skin without irritation while reducing acne- causing bacteria. Salicylic acid helps prevent breakouts and penetrates pores to help eliminate impurities.
- Avoid touching and “picking’ the skin. Bacteria from touching the face can spread bacteria and have blemishes linger weeks longer than normal. “Picking” already inflamed breakouts can cause scaring and become more evident as you age.
- Eating a well balanced diet is one of the most important things you can do for your skin. Listed below are “10 Best Foods For Radiant Skin”:
- Eggs– promotes tissue repair and helps keep skin clear of infection and acne.
- Avocados- Defends against free radicals with age preventing vitamins A, D and E.
- Berries- Raspberries, Strawberries and Blackberries – Anti- oxidant rich which helps with collagen production.
- Oranges– Prevents wrinkles, and improves the texture, tone and color of skin.
- Watermelon– Help clear blemishes .
- Salmon– Helps moisturize skin and helps to clear clogged pores and erase fine lines.
- Dark Chocolate– Choose at least 60 % cocoa, helps skin stay hydrated and protects skin form sun damage.
- Kiwi– Helps firm the skin and prevents wrinkles.
- Spinach& Other Green Leafy Vegetables-Rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins B,C & E, great for overall skin health.
- Blueberries– Anti-oxidant rich and helps clear acne and blotchy skin spots.
If you’re dealing with adult acne try these tips to improve your chances of smooth, youthful, healthy skin. If you have any questions please connect with me at email@example.com FB messenger.
P.S. If you found value from this post please share with your Tribe!!!!
Written By: Alice Wilcox
December 6, 2016