What Every Woman Should Know About Belly Fat
The 3 Hormones You Must Address To Lose Stubborn Belly Fat
It seems like overnight your flat stomach gets more bloated and you can’t fit into your favorite jeans as easily after a night of great food , Comos and wine, what’s up?
There are 3 hormones that help address the belly fat that creeps up, and until these 3 hormones are addressed you can diet and workout all you want and see minimal results at best.
The “Spare Tire Hormone”
The spare tire hormone or “Leptin”, is the fat burning hormone that protects the body against starvation. In the midst of decreased food intake (dieting), your body unfortunately views your stored body fat as a huge asset to survival . Your body doesn’t know you’re just trying to fit into a dress for your friend’s wedding or the next beach vacation, all it tells the brain is that you’re calorie intake has dropped below “normal”and it’s time to go into survival mode!
There are 2 ways to restore / heal Leptin levels :
Eat a big breakfast each day with the following in mind:
- Make it high in protein and fat
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking
- Eat at least 20 grams of protein
- Try to eat less than 25 grams of carbs with your meal
- Avoid counting calories
- Experiment with upping protein to 70-80 grams of protein at breakfast if need be
Rule Of Thumb
- If you can’t go until the next meal without getting hungry, eat more protein
- If you go a lot longer without getting hungry eat a little less
Swap carbs for healthy fats and proteins:
- Start out eating 100 grams of carbs per day
- If you are active you can start with 150 grams per day
“The Metabolism Hormone”
The Thyroid hormone is the gas pedal hormone for weight loss. Twenty- Four percent of women over 50 have severe thyroid problems, Hypothyroidism, some symptoms of hypothyroidism are:
- Puffy eyes
- Joint and muscle pain
- Dry skin
- Dry and thinning hair
- WEIGHT GAIN
- Inability to lose weight
Thyroid issues area the #1 hormonal imbalance for women over 50.
Several nutrient deficiencies that can cause thyroid problems:
- Low levels of Magnesium – Foods to eat:
- Cocoanut milk
- Nuts– almonds, cashews, walnuts pine nuts and hazel nuts
- Cocoanut Oil- Boosts energy
- Selenium- eat Brazilnuts – 3-4 per day
- Zinc- eat Pumpkin seeds
The High Blood Sugar Hormone
As you age and go through menopause your estrogen levels fluctuate, out of whack estrogen expands your fat cells causing you to become insulin resistant.
Using the grocery store as your pharmacy is the # 1 insulin resistant fix. For women over 50 using food as medicine is the first step to turning their life around. This will help control your weight and life. EAT TO HEAL YOUR LIFE AND HEALTH!
If foods have more that 6 ingredients see if you can find an alternative. Foods with multiple ingredients may contain chemicals that cause problems with insulin and other hormones.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Reduces insulin sensitivity –
- 2 tbsp a day can improve insulin sensitivity by 19-35 %
- Can help reverse the insulin resistance that occurs during diabetes
- Can lower your blood sugar by 34% when eaten with meals
Take Berberine- Because of berberine’s ability to inhibit fat storage and improve the function of hormones such as insulin, leptin and adiponectin, separate research concluded, “berberine has potential clinical application in reducing visceral fat and controlling central obesity.” (Mercola.com)
These are just a few key factors in eliminating belly fat, check out all the links above for more in depth information.
If you found value in this post please LIKE AND SHARE WITH YOUR TRIBE!!! I’D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS, CONNECT WITH ME AT: email@example.com
Written By:Alice Wilcox
August 31st, 2016