7 New Skin Care Innovations to Watch
“Aging doesn’t mean you have to settle for what you have. Innovation is progressing in ways we never thought possible. No place better than our skin to reap the benefits of fast paced progress to keep us feeling healthy and looking beautiful as we age.”
As a beauty professional I get to hear and see first hand what is on the horizon in all areas of beauty. The beauty profession has at its disposal the best minds in science and alternative therapies available, working diligently to bring groundbreaking innovations to the forward thinking woman.
Innovations To Keep Your Eye On
Advanced Delivery Systems
” The new patented form of vitamin C does not oxidize and gets active only once delivered inside the skin cells” – Manon Pilion, research and development director Derme & Co (www.derme.ca)
“Anything that feeds the skin from the inside is innovative. Change on the skin is most effective and longer lasting when it reflects overall health. Fortunately, there are now nutritional supplements that target the skin by feeding it the nutrients it needs.” – Jane Iredale, founder Jane Iredale Cosmetics – (www.janeiredale.com)
Hopefully we all know the benefits of a daily skin care regime, from cleansing your face nightly to using your favorite products and treatments, but that’s only half the battle. Eating a healthy diet shows on your face, when you’re getting all the vitamins you need for a youthful appearance your skin will be firmer, brighter and more refined .
If you don’t feel you’re getting enough of what you need from the foods you’re eating , you can supplement your diet with certain vitamins.
There are 5 vitamins that play an important role when it comes to your skin, vitamins A, B complex, C, E and K.
- Vitamin A: Helps with the prevention of dry , flaky skin. It also helps with skin repair and fine lines and wrinkles from age and sun damage. Vitamin A is found in milk, eggs, and healthy cereals.
- Biotin : A type of vitamin B. Biotin is found in hair, skin and nail cells. Vitamin B also helps with redness. A biotin deficiency can lead to dermatitis and itchy skin. Vitamin B can be found in oatmeal, bananas , rice and eggs.
- Vitamin C : Helps tissue repair and reduces the effects of sun damage; (sun spots and discoloration) and helps with strengthening the immune system. Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits and veggies.
- Vitamin E: Helps repair sun damage, smooths the skin and helps with fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E is found in nuts, and green vegetables.
- Vitamin K: Vitamin K is vitally important in the clotting function of blood . If you are lacking in vitamin K any cut or scratch could bleed continually. Green leafy vegetables are a great source of vitamin K
Look for high quality, organic/ clean vitamins when you purchase.
“The purity of nature combined with the progressiveness of science.” The NAE-8 extract derived from the nerium oleander and aloe vera plants can only be found in Nerium products. This powerful ingredient works in 3 key ways:”
- Addresses both the signs of aging, as well as the underlying causes.
- Acts as a powerful anti-oxidant and works to target free radical damage.
- Boosts the cell renewal process to reveal younger looking skin.
- Multifunctional- addressing many different signs of aging at once. ” – Jeff Olson CEO, Nerium Int.
“New generation anti-oxidants, anti-radiation and anti-pollution technologies that protect the skin against new sources of radiation, such as laptops, mobile devices and the environment, are some of the greatest innovations.” Irena James- CelleCle’ Skincare (www.cellecleskincare.com)
“Anti-pollution products incorporating moringa oleifera, which provides the skin with a natural shield, protecting it from the aging and damaging effects of environmental pollution on skin are innovative.” Jaklin Idris – Declor Paris -(www.declorusa.com)
“This year’s greatest skincare innovation is the development of a self tanner that also contains broad-spectrum SPF 50. Formulating a product that gives such a high level of protection alongside a natural looking tan gives people a genuinely viable alternative to skin damage through sun exposure.” – Claire Andrews, communications manager and NKD SKN brand ambassador, Vita Liberata (www.vitaliberata.com)
“Plant -based, nutrient -rich water essences are innovative and feature ingredients like marshmallow root, which offers continuous hydration with fast- absorbing lightweight texture”- Sara La Bree, education manager,- Jurlique (www.jurlique.com)
“Non- invasive options to sexier, fuller lips are in demand and so is sesame seed extract for progressive, long -lasting lip-plumping results. Clinical tests revealed that this extract increased lipid synthesis and storage by 30.2 % in 30 days.” – Christian Jurist, MD, medical director of global education , Pevonia (www.pevoniapro.com)
“Pre-biotics and probiotics are mostly associated with gut health, but the beneficial bacteria are now taking to the stage in skincare. Both by topical application and oral ingestion, these bacteria can help stabilize the microflora of the skin, which may help to promote the barrier function and control bacterial infection such as acne.” – Katherine Tomasso, – national director of education, Yon-Ka Paris (www.yonkausa.com)
Please like and share with your Tribe!!
Comment below about what innovation excites you the most, or connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written By : Alice Wilcox
- American Spa Magazine – May 2016
- Nerium International