31 Day Skin Care Re- Boot Challenge- Day 8
Ouch! Sunburn- What’s Next?
It starts around 4th of July when so many of us come back from a fun weekend in the sun, swimming and relaxing on the beach. We think we were careful about applying sunscreen, but the pain from major sunburn is telling us we missed the boat .
The last thing you want to ignore, is healing after a flawed attempt at protecting your skin .
Peeling skin that “feels like it’s on fire is no FUN,” but there are a few things you can do to ease the pain and minimize long-term damage to your skin:
What to do:
- The first thing you want to do is get out of the sun/heat. Many people feel the damage has been done so what’s the use. A sunburn keeps burning, it’s like “microwaving food”, it keeps cooking even after you remove it from the oven . Find a cool place to get out of the sun.
- Soaking in an oatmeal or apple cider vinegar bath. You can also try adding baking soda to a lukewarm bath.
- Applying cool compresses of milk, the proteins may have a soothing effect.
- Apply a cool compress of freshly brewed tea and crushed chilled cucumbers, this also is very soothing and restores the proper ph balance to the skin.
- Use products that include aloe vera and or hydrocortisone. Nerium AD Night Treatment is aloe vera based and made with aloe juice instead of water. This treatment helps repair and hydrate the skin to alleviate further skin damage.
- Drink plenty of water. Eat fruits and vegetables that hydrate the skin and give you the proper vitamins to ensure speedy healing.
- If the sheets are irritating to the skin, you can apply a light “dusting ” of talcum powder to the sheets to prevent sticking.
- One of the most important things you can do is take an anti- inflammatory over-the-counter medication.
- And lastly , moisturize the HELL out of it! Nothing is going to stop the peeling, but the more you moisturize the less noticeable and uncomfortable the peeling will be! Nerium Day Moisturizer is light weight , but packs a powerful punch with vitamin C & E , green tea leaf extract, jojoba esters and sodium hyaluronate. All these ingredients are paramount in the healing process of the skin.
~Enjoy Summer Sun , Be Smart~
Written By :Alice Wilcox
July 24, 2016
Resources: Prevention Magazine, Medicinenet.com., Allure magazine,
Photos: discovery magazine, gmep.org, camilla-coronasdo.blogspot.com
If you found value from this post please LIKE and SHARE!
We’d love to hear any comments or feedback, comment below or connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org