31 Day Skin Care Re- Boot Challenge – Day 22
“Get 7-8 Hours Of Sleep A Night For 7 Days”
Depriving yourself of the sleep you need effects your skin in ways you might not think. “Poor sleep can lead to increased stress hormones (cortisol) in the body that increase the severity of inflammatory skin conditions such as acne or psoriasis,” says Jessica Krant, MD, assistant clinical professor or dermatology at SUNY Downstate Medical Center and founder of Art of Dermatology in New York.
Chronic insomnia can make someone look decades older due to stress induced changes in facial tissue. Increased symptoms of insomnia disrupt sleep and create a vicious cycle with skin conditions.
Not getting enough sleep, here’s how it effects you :
- Worsens existing skin conditions- increases inflammatory responses in the skin
- A breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid , 2 molecules that give skin bounce and translucency.
- Makes immune- related skin problems worse
- Accelerates the aging process
- Contributes to weight gain
- Contributes to poor water balance in the body:puffy under-eye bags, under eye circles, fine lines and wrinkles
Did you find value from this post? Please LIKE AND SHARE with your Tribe. I’d love to hear about your results from this challenge, connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Writtnen By: Alice Wilcox
August 8, 2016
Photo – Kommitted to Health