31 Day Skin Care Re-Boot Challenge Day 19
Splurge On A Great Skin Care Product…. Where To Splurge Where To Save?
People sit in my chair everyday, and during our conversations about their “home care beauty routine” ask me, “is there really a difference between products,” short answer, yes. I explain to them just as there is a difference in the look, feel and performance of anything you buy, skin care and hair care products are no different. The answer lies in knowing where to splurge and where to save. Splurging on products that deliver the quickest, best, long- term benefits using heavy-hitting, result driven ingredients, are where you want to splurge.
With that being said, here’s a breakdown of where to spurge and where to save:
- If you have normal skin, it’s a no brainer. No special cleanser is really needed, but if you have any issues with your skin you want to take that into consideration. There are many great inexpensive organic facial cleansers to choose from. Two brands that I’ve used and love, not because they’re inexpensive but because they really work are , Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme (check out other skin type formulas) and Avalon. They run about $10.00 and perform like cleansers I’ve used that cost 3 times as much!
- Toners are the most ignored product in a skin care line. Using multiple products as a “regime” causes most women “to throw in the towel” and barely wash their face at night. Needless to say , if we’re being honest, a toner is an area where you definitely don’t have to splurge.
- If you have oily skin it’s probably ok not to splurge, a less expensive day moisturizer should be sufficient. If your skin is more dry and problematic then you might have to splurge a bit more. A great day moisturizer that doesn’t break the bank but has high end technology and ingredients like green tea, vitamin c and a super anit- oxidant is Nerium Day Moisturizer.
- Sunscreens don’t have to be expensive to be effective. There are high quality ingredients that can be found in both expensive and inexpensive sunscreens, read Skin Care Challenge Day 6 here and see what will work best for you.
- You can wear a serum during the day or night. Serums have highly concentrated ingredients and have a different molecular concentration than cremes. Serums penetrate the skin deeper so more nutrients are absorbed. You want to look for ingredients like, hyaluronic acid, jojoba esters, aloe leaf juice, camellia sinensis leaf extract , green tea and vitamin E just to name o few. Serums are worth the splurge, with consistent use you get better results with fewer products. A great Eye Serum that gives you immediate results with long-term benefits is Nerium’s Age -Defying Eye Serum. We call it a splurge because of the great results and the dual results but the price is definitely affordable
Anti- Aging Night Cremes:
- Not everyone likes serums so anti-aging cremes could be the answer. A great thing about night cremes is that your skin regenerates and repairs as you sleep so you get maximum benefits . You want to look for products powered with the highest concentrations of anti-oxidants for free radical damage, an advanced peptide matrix for firming and toning and a product that addresses multiple concerns. Try Nerium AD Night treatment for 1 step anti – aging results.
- Any great exfoliator will have glycolic acid or lactic acid. Gylcolic acid (professional peels) exfoliates anywhere from 7-12 layers of dead surface cells leaving skin smoother, reduces pore size and leaves your skin lighter, brighter, and clearer. Finding a product with glycolic acid will give you the punch you need to give your skin a more youthful appearance. Always a good splurge!
If you found value in this post please LIKE AND SHARE with your friends!!! I’d love to hear your comments, connect with me at email@example.com
Written By : Alice Wilcox
August 4, 2016